Our families could not be where they are today without your support. Your tax-deductible contribution, large or small, will make a meaningful difference in breaking the cycle of childhood poverty.
Your gift to HPP makes a significant impact on the more than 4,000 families we work with each year. Charity Navigator rated Homeless Prenatal Program with 4 stars, its highest ranking, indicating an organization that “exceeds standards and outperforms most charities in its cause.” You can be assured that HPP uses its resources wisely and effectively to make the maximum, long-term impact on breaking the cycle of childhood poverty.
Our programs and services are provided at no cost to families, and we rely upon the generous support of our contributors. We understand that confidentiality is critically important and we are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our donors.
Donate your new/gently-used items to HPP families!
Have goods to donate?
- Due to health and safety reasons, HPP is only able to accept certain items.
- Donations may be dropped off FRIDAYS 9 AM – 3 PM at 2500 18th Street.
- Please fill out an In-Kind Donation Form so we can send our thanks!
HPP welcomes new or gently-used donations of:
- Baby clothes
- Maternity clothes
- All sizes of diapers and wipes (open boxes are fine)
- Children’s and parenting books
- Unopened personal care products
- Baby formula and food
HPP is able to accept the following items only in brand new condition:
- Diaper Bag Program items for our quarterly baby shower celebrations for HPP’s prenatal education class graduates (layette items, sleepers, blankets, diaper bags, baby toiletries)
- Home Goods Program items for our clients who have just moved out of homelessness (bath towels, pots & pans, dishes, cutlery, bedsheets, blankets)
- Toiletries (unopened soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Unopened and unexpired formula and baby food
- Disposable diapers and baby wipes – we will accept opened packages – all sizes (especially large sizes 3, 4, 5, & 6)
Stroller & car seat process:Please note we are no longer able to accept strollers and car seats directly. However, your new or gently-used stroller or car seat can still benefit HPP families. If you have a stroller or car seat you’d like to donate, please contact sfsmiles. They will clean, store and test items for safety and then pass them on to HPP clients.
Phone: (415) 412-7101
Due to health regulations and disposal costs, HPP cannot accept the following:
- Large baby or household items (cribs, bassinets, baby baths, playpens, high chairs)
- Women’s or men’s clothing
- Breast pumps
- Bottles and sippy cups
- Used household items
Donate your adult clothing to benefit HPP:
HPP is no longer able to accept women’s or men’s clothing. However, if you donate your new or gently-used women’s or men’s clothing to Community Thrift, HPP will receive a portion of the proceeds if you donate in our name. Please note that Community Thrift only accepts adult clothing.
As a courtesy to our staff and families, please make sure all donations are only gently-used and clean.
For information on our In-Kind Donations, please contact Sharon Bechtol at 415-546-6756 ext. 381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HPP does not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose personal information regarding our donors to other organizations. You can be assured that your personal information is held in the strictest confidence. Our primary objective in collecting your personal information is to provide you with an efficient, service oriented experience; to send you information upon your request; and to thank you for supporting our work. For questions about donations, please contact us at email@example.com