Community Health Worker Training Information
The Homeless Prenatal Program Community Health Worker (CHW) Training Program is a paid, fourteen month training program for former clients or members of the community population that we serve.
The program includes a part-time (non-paid), three month volunteer period and a fourteen month paid period as a full-time employee. CHW’s receive on-the-job training in working with clients, reception skills, performing client in-takes, use of the HPP database and other computer applications, local resources, outreach, and other social service skills. The CHW Program includes classes in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Salesforce, resume writing, professional letter writing, interview techniques and job search skills. CHW’s focus on job search activities for the final three months of the program.
To apply to be a CHW, you must:
- Submit an updated resume
- Get a recommendation from your HPP Case Manager or other written recommendation if not a former HPP client
- Have a minimum of one year in stable housing
- Be clean and sober for a minimum of two years
- Have stable childcare
- Be looking to pursue or currently pursuing an AA degree or GED certificate
- Be looking to find employment in an entry level position in the social service sector
Please contact Alma Vasquez
, CHW Program Manager at (415) 546-6756, extension 324 or at email@example.com.
HPP holds two CHW Orientations per year, in the spring and fall. Next orientation will be Monday, August 21st at 1:30pm