- Fulfill important HPP functions, such as managing the reception desk, client intakes, client records in the database, and community outreach.
- Participate in weekly trainings with HPP staff.
- Build office, computer, language, and writing skills.
- Attend classes and continuing education programs at City College of San Francisco.
- Participate in an outside internship with a collaborating CBO (community-based organization) for additional work experience and exposure to potential employers.
Community Health Worker Training
Since 1995, 180 women have entered the Community Health Worker (CHW) Training Program; 150 (83%) graduated the program and 136 of the graduates (90%) found jobs or pursued educational opportunities within 30 days of graduation. The CHW Training Program is an intensive, 14-month paid job training program that prepares up to eight women at a time (most of whom are former HPP clients) for meaningful employment in career fields that provide a path to financial security. Community Health Workers: